Section 8 Enrollment
The Alachua County Housing Authority (ACHA) is opening the Housing Choice Voucher – Section 8 wait list to the Public for four (4) days starting Monday, October 24, 2022 at 8:30am ending Thursday, October 27, 2022 at 5:00pm.
Applications must be completed and returned to the ACHA office located at 703 NE 1st Street Gainesville, FL 32601 by 5pm Thursday, October 27, 2022. Applications will not be available until Monday, October 24, 2022. Applications will not be accepted after 5pm on Thursday, October 27, 2022. If you are disabled and require a reasonable accommodation, call (352)372-2549 no later than 5:00pm Thursday, October 20, 2022.
Applicants already on a waiting list for other subsidized housing programs are still required to apply for this program if interested in receiving Section 8 assistance from ACHA. Applying for the ACHA Section 8 wait list will not cause an applicant to lose their place on any other subsidized housing wait list.
Due to a high level of interest in the voucher program, the ACHA will use a lottery method to gather all applications. After the waiting list is closed, the ACHA will randomly draw the order of all applicants’ to be placed on the HCV wait list. The time and date of receipt of the application has no bearing on the applicant’s placement on the waiting list.
NOTICE: No applicant has a right or entitlement to be listed or hold any particular position on the waiting list. (24 CFR 982.202 (c))
Public Record Request
Legally Required Statement and Provisions Regarding Access to Records
The Parties acknowledge and agree that the statement and provisions below are required by Florida Statute to be included in this Agreement. The inclusion of this statement and provisions below shall not be construed to imply that the VENDOR has been delegated any governmental decision-making authority, governmental responsibility, or governmental function or that the VENDOR is acting on behalf of the ALACHUA COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY as provided under Section 119.011(2), Florida Statutes, or that the statement or provisions are otherwise applicable to the VENDOR. As stated below, the VENDOR may contact the ALACHUA COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY’S Custodian of Public Records with questions regarding the application of the Public Records Law; however, the VENDOR is advised to seek independent legal counsel as to its legal obligations. The ALACHUA COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY cannot provide the VENDOR advice regarding its legal rights or obligations.
IF THE VENDOR HAS QUESTIONS REGARDING THE APPLICATION OF CHAPTER 119, FLORIDA STATUTES, TO THE VENDOR’S DUTY TO PROVIDE PUBLIC RECORDS RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT, CONTACT THE CUSTODIAN OF PUBLIC RECORDS AT:
- Ronald Hall
- 352-372-2549 ext 512
- Alachua County Housing Authority, 703 NE 1st Street, Gainesville, FL 32601
If, under this Agreement, the VENDOR is providing services and is acting on behalf of the ALACHUA COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY as provided under Florida Statutes Section 119.011(2), the VENDOR shall comply with public records laws, and specifically shall comply with the following:
- Keep and maintain public records required by the ALACHUA COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY to perform the services.
- Upon request from the ALACHUA COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY’S custodian of public records, provide the ALACHUA COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY with a copy of the requested records or allow the records to be inspected or copied within a reasonable time at a cost that does not exceed the cost provided in Chapter 119 Florida Statutes or as otherwise provided by law.
- Ensure that public records that are exempt or confidential and exempt from public records disclosure requirements are not disclosed except as authorized by law for the duration of the Agreement term and following completion of the Agreement if the VENDOR does not transfer the records to the ALACHUA COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY.
- Upon completion of the Agreement, transfer at no cost to the ALACHUA COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY, all public records in possession of the VENDOR or keep and maintain public records required by the ALACHUA COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY to perform the service. If the VENDOR transfers all public records to the ALACHUA COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY upon completion of the Agreement, the VENDOR shall destroy any duplicate public records that are exempt or confidential and exempt from public records disclosure requirements. If the VENDOR keeps and maintains public records upon completion of the Agreement, the VENDOR shall meet all applicable requirements for retaining public records. All records stored electronically must be provided to the ALACHUA COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY, upon request from the ALACHUA COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY’S custodian of public records, in a format that is compatible with the information technology systems of the ALACHUA COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY.
Failure of the VENDOR to comply with Chapter 119, Florida Statutes, and/or the provisions set forth above, where applicable, shall be grounds for immediate unilateral termination of this Agreement by the ALACHUA COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY.