All Waiting List Are Closed
Notice of Public Review and Public Hearing
On the Alachua County Housing Authority’s PHA Annual and 5-Year Action Plan
Public Review: The draft 2021 PHA Annual and 5-Year Action Plan is available for public viewing at the Alachua County Housing Authority (ACHA) office located at 703 NE 1st Street, Gainesville, FL between the hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Thursday. All interested persons are invited to provide comments relating to the 2021 Plan, either orally or in writing.
Public Hearing: A Public hearing will be held at the ACHA office on Tuesday, September 1, 2020 at 9:00 am. Oral comments should be presented at the public hearing. All oral and written testimony presented at the public hearing will be considered for preparing the Plan. Written comments may be presented to the presiding officer at the public hearing or mailed to the Alachua County Housing Authority, Attention: “2021 PHA Plan”, at 703 NE 1st Street, Gainesville, FL 32601. Written comments can also be faxed to (352) 373-4097 attention “2021 PHA Plan”. Written comments not presented at the public hearing should be received at ACHA office by 5:00 pm on Tuesday, September 1, 2020. Any person requiring assistance to participate, such as large print, taped materials, interpreters for sign language or limited English proficiency, etc. , should make a request to ACHA at least ten working days prior to the public hearing in order to allow time to make arrangements. Requests can be made in writing to ACHA at the address above or by calling (352) 372-2549 x512.
Public Record Request
Legally Required Statement and Provisions Regarding Access to Records
The Parties acknowledge and agree that the statement and provisions below are required by Florida Statute to be included in this Agreement. The inclusion of this statement and provisions below shall not be construed to imply that the VENDOR has been delegated any governmental decision-making authority, governmental responsibility, or governmental function or that the VENDOR is acting on behalf of the ALACHUA COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY as provided under Section 119.011(2), Florida Statutes, or that the statement or provisions are otherwise applicable to the VENDOR. As stated below, the VENDOR may contact the ALACHUA COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY’S Custodian of Public Records with questions regarding the application of the Public Records Law; however, the VENDOR is advised to seek independent legal counsel as to its legal obligations. The ALACHUA COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY cannot provide the VENDOR advice regarding its legal rights or obligations.
IF THE VENDOR HAS QUESTIONS REGARDING THE APPLICATION OF CHAPTER 119, FLORIDA STATUTES, TO THE VENDOR’S DUTY TO PROVIDE PUBLIC RECORDS RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT, CONTACT THE CUSTODIAN OF PUBLIC RECORDS AT:
- Ronald Hall
- 352-372-2549 ext 512
- Alachua County Housing Authority, 703 NE 1st Street, Gainesville, FL 32601
If, under this Agreement, the VENDOR is providing services and is acting on behalf of the ALACHUA COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY as provided under Florida Statutes Section 119.011(2), the VENDOR shall comply with public records laws, and specifically shall comply with the following:
- Keep and maintain public records required by the ALACHUA COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY to perform the services.
- Upon request from the ALACHUA COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY’S custodian of public records, provide the ALACHUA COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY with a copy of the requested records or allow the records to be inspected or copied within a reasonable time at a cost that does not exceed the cost provided in Chapter 119 Florida Statutes or as otherwise provided by law.
- Ensure that public records that are exempt or confidential and exempt from public records disclosure requirements are not disclosed except as authorized by law for the duration of the Agreement term and following completion of the Agreement if the VENDOR does not transfer the records to the ALACHUA COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY.
- Upon completion of the Agreement, transfer at no cost to the ALACHUA COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY, all public records in possession of the VENDOR or keep and maintain public records required by the ALACHUA COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY to perform the service. If the VENDOR transfers all public records to the ALACHUA COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY upon completion of the Agreement, the VENDOR shall destroy any duplicate public records that are exempt or confidential and exempt from public records disclosure requirements. If the VENDOR keeps and maintains public records upon completion of the Agreement, the VENDOR shall meet all applicable requirements for retaining public records. All records stored electronically must be provided to the ALACHUA COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY, upon request from the ALACHUA COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY’S custodian of public records, in a format that is compatible with the information technology systems of the ALACHUA COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY.
Failure of the VENDOR to comply with Chapter 119, Florida Statutes, and/or the provisions set forth above, where applicable, shall be grounds for immediate unilateral termination of this Agreement by the ALACHUA COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY.