What is Public Housing?
Public Housing was established to provide decent and safe rental housing for eligible low-income families, the elderly, and persons with disabilities.
Who is Eligible?
Public housing is limited to low-income families and individuals. Your eligibility is based on:
- Annual Gross Income and assets.
- Whether you qualify as a family, elderly, or person with a disability
- U. S. Citizenship or eligible immigration status
- Successful passing of Criminal Background check
- Prior rental history with other subsidized agencies
Fair Housing & Equal Opportunity
Fair Housing Statement
The Housing Alachua County Housing Authority is a fair housing provider. We do not make any preference, limitation or discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Housing Alachua County Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all federal and state laws, regulations and executive orders regarding employment.