Procedures for Applying for Public Housing
Need to check waitlist status? Please call our office.
- Please call 352-372-2549 or come by the office and request an appointment with a Housing Specialist to submit your application for Public Housing. All household members 18 years of age or older must be present at the appointment to complete the application process. OR
- If you live outside of Alachua County and are interested in applying for Public Housing you must mail in all original required documents signed by ALL adult household members with legible copies of the below requested documents in order to begin processing your application. Required printable application materials can be found at the bottom of this page. (Incomplete applications will not be processed and will be returned for completion):
Picture Identification: ALL ADULT Household Members
Driver’s License, State Identification Card, Veterans Administration Card, Passport, and/or Green Card.
Social Security Card: ALL Household Members
If the Social Security card is not available, a letter from the Social Security Administration with the SS# will be accepted until you receive your official card.
Birth Certificates: ALL Household Members
- If your household passes the initial screening process your application will be placed on a waiting list by bedroom size and date and time of your application. Availability of Public Housing is determined by vacancies in our existing Public Housing developments.
- If you move from the address on the application before you receive a letter from ACHA, it is your responsibility to come in to contact the office with your new address. When your name comes up for placement, an update letter will be mailed. If the letter is returned because of an incorrect address your name will be removed from the waiting list. Once your name has been removed from the waiting list you must re-apply when the waiting list re-opens.
DOWNLOADABLE APPLICATION DOCUMENTS FOR OUT OF ALACHUA COUNTY PUBLIC HOUSING APPLICANTS
- Personal Declaration Form (Signed by ALL Adult Members)
- Questionnaire 504_Special_Unit_Requirements (Filled out and Signed by Head of Household)
- Release_of_Information (Signed by ALL Adult Members)
- Citizenship_Declaration_of_Section_214_Status (a form must be completed for each member)
- Tenant_Certification_Form (a form must be signed by each ADULT member)
- Criminal_History_Authorization (a form must be signed by each ADULT member)
- Consumer Report Authorization (a form must be signed by each ADULT member)
Fair Housing & Equal Opportunity
Fair Housing Statement
The Housing Alachua County Housing Authority is a fair housing provider. We do not make any preference, limitation or discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Housing Alachua County Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all federal and state laws, regulations and executive orders regarding employment.